Instruments for Sale
I do have some guitars in stock for sale: some new, some pre-owned older master guitars and some rare antique guitars too- enquire please. I also look to buy outright fine master guitars- contact me with what you have for sale please.
We also have a new dedicated website, SoundAntiques linked also at top of this page, for special and rare antique instruments of various types. Please do visit and have a look
Guitars for Sale, (partial list as at July 2012)
Private Treaty sales: We now offer for sale via 'Private Treaty' various selected instruments, and these are indicated as such in each category stock list. We are actively looking for high quality instruments for clients, and this scheme may be the ideal way to bring buyers and sellers together: click Here for Terms and Conditions
- Brian Cohen,2012 / 2013 steel string 'Martin 000-42 style' guitar, based on the Martin Eric Clapton, made from a beautiful Brazilian type figured maple, and mature aged spruce top, with Sperzl locking tuners into flat head with original style Martin type v-join to headstock, Hiscox case. This guitar was initiated for the filming for 'Searching for Sugerman', which won the 2013 Oscar for 'Best Documentary', and used in the background to filming scenes on a guitar being built, done in my studio during 2012. This guitar is the finished result. Ideal fingerstyle guitar. Enquire please, photos soon
- Brian Cohen , 2011 / 2012 steel string 'Martin 000-42 style' guitar, based on the Martin Eric Clapton, made from a beautiful Brazilian type figured maple, and bear claw spruce top, handmade Alessi tuners into slotted head with original style Martin type v-join to headstock, Hiscox case. Ideal finfgerstyle guitar, for details and photos, HERE
- Gerundino Fernandez, 1970, flamenco Much used, with great sound, action perfect, in very good 'working' condition: cypress, cedar, pegs. Details and photos HERE
- Lute, by David Rubio: A good 8 course lute, of the 'Bream' style ie slighty heavier an suitable for a guitar player, dated 1966 ( label dated incorrectly in Roman numerals), ex Carlos Bonell. Details and photos to post soon- For now, enquire for more details please. Private Treaty Sale.
- Other 19th C and 20th C guitars are available, but not all are listed on this site- please enquire.
Mandolins: We stock and sell many mandolins, as well as other unusual rare instruments: all information on these has now moved to another website, linked here: SoundAntiques Please visit this new website for details for all the mandolins and other rare instruments currently on offer. ( The list below remains, but links from here not active, while this transition takes place during March and April 2012)
- Luigi Embergher, Orchestral model 1, in near perfect original condition, ready to play, with fitted case. Please enquire
- Emanuele Egildo, Roman mandolin, (dated, signed and labelled,) fine and rare example, ready to play, for further details please enquire.
- Luigi Embergher, Study model B, in near perfect original condition, ready to play.
- Roman Mandolin by Giacomo Gallessi, Rome, (b.1876): Branded on table, very similar to Embergher model 5 Orchestral, fluted maple back, fine rare example.
- Raffaele Calace , good original conditon.
- Calace mandolyra, very original, fluted back, under restoration, nearly completed- Enquire please
- Calace Mandolin, 1936, good, under light restoration. Enquire
- Unlabelled, probably Vinaccia, fluted maple back, highly decorative, perfect, orginal late 19th C. Enquire
- Kisslinger, highly decorative, good model, with metal inlaid stringing on back. Enquire
- Probably an American maker, unlabelled, the most perfect fine tulipwood model, highly decorated, late 19th C. Enquire
- Many others, detailed list to follow- enquire please
- Mandolins purchased, especially Embergher.
- *SOLD*Robert Bouchet, 1958, Cypress, spruce
- *SOLD*Brian Cohen 2008 'Model B' guitar- the first one built
- *SOLD*Colin Morison: 'As new' condition
- *SOLD* Brian Cohen 1983,A good smaller concert guitar in good playing condition.
- Simon Ambridge: 'As new' condition, but no longer for sale via myself, but may still be available, via Private Treaty Sale: Enquire.
- *SOLD* 19th C Guitar, by Chappell
- *SOLD* Luigi Embergher mandolin, model 5 Bis
- *SOLD* Edgar Monch,1951 * SOLD *
- *SOLD* Robt. Bouchet, 1961
- *SOLD* H. Hauser 1968
- *SOLD* D. Friederich
- *SOLD* Jose Romanillos, 1986
- *SOLD* Marcelo Barbero, 1952
- *SOLD* Gerundino Fernandez
- *SOLD* Gerundino Fernandez, flamenco
- *SOLD* Manuel Reyes, flamenco
- *SOLD* Brian Cohen 1996, Hauser 1 model, spruce, Rodgers
- *SOLD* Louis Panormo, 1832
- *SOLD* Colin Morrison 2008
- *SOLD* Ceccherini mandolin:
- Louis Panormo: *No longer available.*
- Lacote guitar, a rare and fine example, 'double table' model with oval soundhole in back: * SOLD *
- Louis Pons 'le Jeune':*No longer available*
I invite you to take a 'virtual tour' through my website, which is continually under construction and renewal, and I welcome any comments you may have about the site. Not all links and pages are active, but I hope to complete the site soon.
Opening times and all contact details, directions etc. on our 'Contact' page. Visitors welcomed, but strictly by appointment only.